The DSC PG9933 is a wireless PowerG carbon monoxide detector that provides eary warning, to protect people from the silent threat of carbon monoxide poisoning. The PG9933 is designed to monitor the CO gas level in residential dwellings and give early warning before dangerous levels are detected. This device is intended to be used with a compatible PowerG wireless alarm systems. The detector consists of an electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor assembly coupled to a wireless transmitter.
Leveraging innovative PowerG technology, and equipped with a sophisticated electrochemical sensor, this high-performing PG9933 activates visual and audio alarm indicators on the detector itself, before dangerous CO levels are reached. It also initiates an alarm via the security system, for onsite assistance, and to warn endusers who may not be home. The PG9933 CO detector communicates with the control panel and can send alarm, tamper and battery condition messages to the system receiver.
Selecting a suitable location is critical for the CO detector. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends to use at least one CO detector per household, located as near as possible to sleeping areas of the home, because the human body is most vulnerable to the effects of CO gas during sleeping hours. And, the alarm shall be heard from all sleeping areas.
For added protection, install additional CO detectors in every bedroom and on every level of your home. If your bedroom hallway is longer than 14 meters (40 feet), install a CO detector at BOTH ends of the hallway. Install an additional detector 6 meters (20 feet) away from the furnace or fuel burning heat source. For maximum protection, the detector should also be located outside primary sleeping areas or at each level of your home. Mount the detector on a firm wall or ceiling.
Provides early warning of carbon monoxide poisoning, before potentially dangerous levels are reached
Looks quality made. Trusting that it works., December 25, 2022
Posted By: Arthur
Well, can't say how well they work at measuring carbon monoxide. My bedroom and my basement have no carbon monoxide at all. Let's hope they're working well. Very easy to set up. Two minutes and they were up and running. I do have two little gripes. One, the display toggles between temperature and carbon monoxide concentration.