What are PoE Security Cameras?
PoE Security Camera
A PoE security camera draws its power from an Ethernet cable, which eliminates the need for a separate power supply or electrical outlet. This makes installation and maintenance easier, and can also reduce costs. PoE cameras typically use less energy than traditional cameras, which can also result in cost savings over time. PoE cameras can be used both indoors and outdoors, and are available in a range of styles and configurations to suit different security needs.
There are several good reasons to use infrared IR security cameras:
1. No Additional Power Supply Needed: PoE cameras can draw their power supply from an Ethernet cable, which eliminates the need for an additional power supply.
2. Easy Installation: Since PoE cameras draw power from the network cable, there is no need for a separate power socket, making the installation process simpler and less complex.
3. Cost-Effective: PoE cameras can be more cost-effective compared to traditional security cameras since they don't require additional power cables and outlets, which can save both time and money.
4. Better Scalability: PoE cameras can be easily integrated into a network, making it easier to add or remove cameras from the system as needed.
5. Higher Reliability: PoE cameras tend to be more reliable since they can continue to transmit data even if the power fails.