WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector Product Description:
The WS4985 wireless flood detector are ideal for detecting the presence of water in basements, laundry rooms, bathrooms, kitchens and numerous other areas where water may leak or flood before major flood damage occurs.
Damage in a home or business due to flooding is one of the top claims to insurance companies. Not only can water completely destroy precious mementos but it can also wreak havoc with structural items such as floors, walls and electrical systems. Flood damages issues are expensive to fix and can increase future insurance rates. Early detection can easily save on insurance claims and reduce the hassle of costly repairs.
The WS4985 wireless flood detector is a DSC wireless transmitter
connected to a water probe via a 6' wire. The transmitter should be installed at a higher level on the wall with the probe located at floor level or a desired height. In the event that there is a water leak, the probe will detect moisture and deliver the information to the transmitter on the wall. The transmitter then sends the signal to your DSC wireless security system to trigger the alarm. It is important to note that although the probe is sensitive, tit has been designed to be immune to false triggers such as floor mopping, because the sensor head is recessed into the probe's housing.
If the WS4985 is ever damaged or tampered with (perhaps if the wire between the transmitter and the probe is cut), its trouble status will immediately signal your DSC wireless security system. The detector also will communicate low battery signals.
WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector Free Custom Programming:
Custom security system programming
is FREE for all GeoArm monitored clients.
Maximize the value of your DSC wireless security system by protecting against environmental emergencies as well as intrusions. The WS4985 protects your home from the costly risk of flood damage. Install a WS4985 in laundry rooms, basements, bathrooms, and other areas where there is a high risk of flooding.
WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector Compatibility:
WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector Features:
WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector
- PowerSeries RFK5500 - 64-Zone LCD Full-Message Keypad with Built-in Wireless Receiver
- PowerSeries RFK5501 - 64-Zone LCD Picture ICON Keypad with Built-in Wireless Receiver
- PowerSeries RFK5516 - 16-Zone LED Keypad with Built-in Wireless Receiver
- PowerSeries RFK5508 - 8-Zone LED Keypad with Built-in Wireless Receiver
- PowerSeries PC5132 - Wireless Receiver - 433MHz
- RF5108 - 8-Zone Wireless Receiver - 433MHz
- RF5132 - 32-Zone Wireless Receiver - 433MHz
- MAXSYS PC4164 - Wireless Receiver - 433MHz
- Envoy NT9005 - Self Contained Wireless Security System
- Envoy NT9010 - Self Contained Wireless Security System
- PowerSeries 9045 - Self Contained Wireless Security System
- PowerSeries 9047 - Self Contained Wireless Security System
- Alexor PC9155 - 2-Way Wireless Alarm Control Panel
WS4985 DSC Wireless Flood Detector PDFs for Additional Information:
Data Sheet for DSC's Wireless Flood Detector (WS4985)
|Dimensions (L x W x D)
||Transmitter: 75 x 31 x 22 (mm) or 2.9 x 1.5 x 0.88 (in)
Probe: 34 x 69 x 44 (mm) or 1.3 x 2.7 x 1.7 (in)
||Transmitter: 0.08lbs (35g)
Probe: 0.014lbs (65g)
||(1) CR2, 3V lithium (included)
||4 - 7 years (normal use)
||14° to 131°F (-10°C to 55°C)
||85% (transmitter only)