Please Note: The Aeotec ZW062-A garage controller has been discontinued without replacement.
The Aeotec ZW062-A is a garage door controller that makes your garage part of your connected home. Aeotec's Garage Door Controller brings the intelligence of the connected-home and Z-Wave to it. Easily connected to your door's existing motor, Garage Door Controller enhances it with a suite of security and safety sensors.
Your garage door is an entry to your home and to your valuables. It needs to be secured. While some garage door motors are easily overridden or wirelessly hacked, Aeotec's ZW062-A Garage Door Controller has been hardened to prevent such security issues.
Powered by Aeotec's Gen5 technology, Garage Door Controller uses encrypted wireless signals to communicate with a Z-Wave network. Gen5 uses the same level of encryption as banks; AES 128-bit. The wireless technology used defines how susceptible a device is to attack. Garage Door Controller uses Z-Wave Plus, and avoids WiFi and open communication frequencies commonly used by criminals.
The ZW062-A Garage Door Controller doesn't just keep your garage safe from intruders, it keeps your loved ones and property safe from the garage dooritself. It meets all the regulations of UL325, the safety standard that defines how professional garage door motors should operate. With its own safety features and warning systems built in, the ZW062-A isn't just compliant with UL325's stringent requirements - it also never overrides the basic safety functions that your door already offers.
The controller indicates when your garage door is about to open or close with visual warnings. Inbuilt within its push button are 8 different LEDs that'll flash for X seconds before your garage door or gate moves. In the event that the visual warnings are missed or can't be seen, Garage Door Controller also offers a speaker system rated to 105dB. Preloaded with tones, and with the ability to upload your own MP3s, Garage Door Controller will also sound for X seconds before your garage door or gate moves.
The ZW062-A ships with everything you need to make your existing garage or gate controller a part of your connected-home. From the cables you need to connect it to a motor, to the USB cable you can use to optionally change its MP3 tones, Garage Door Controller is the complete package.
- Always aware: Monitor and control your garage door via a smart phone and an Internet connected Z-Wave hub from anywhere in the world.
- Entry log: Keep a time log of when the garage door has been opened or closed, and receive remote notification when that happens.
- Complete package: Garage Door Controller comes with everything you need: the controller, a tilt sensor, and accessories.
- Z-Wave inside: Garage Door Controller is powered by Z-Wave Plus, Aeotec's Gen5 technology and acts as a Z-Wave repeater.
- Notifications: Tilt sensor lets you receive notifications when your garage door is opened and shouldn't be.
- Security controller: Automatically set security cameras connected to your Z-Wave system to record when your door is opened or closed.
- Smart control: Control your garage door from a smart phone or any other Z-Wave controller.
- Manual control: Control your garage door manually via the smart controller's central push button.
- Safety first: Controller includes a 105dB siren and LED lighting to warn of door closures.
- Upload MP3 tones: Customise the controller's safety tones by uploading MP3s via USB.
- Simple install: Simply connects to your garage door's existing motor via two cables. (with screws/double sided tape)
- Wireless: Wirelessly communicates over 10m / 32' to report on your garage door's open or closed status.
- Battery powered: Cable free and powered by batteries that'll last up to 2 years.
- Tilt sensor: The controller's smart sensor has been designed to work with tilt sensors.
- Fits easily: At around 3 by 1 inches, the tilt sensor is small enough to fit on most doors.
- Package includes: Power Supply, USB cable, cable and clips, mounting sccessories.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Operating humidity: 8% to 80%
- Operating distance: Up to 492 feet/150 meters outdoors
- Power Supply (Garage Door Controller): 5V DC Adapter
- Power Supply (Tilt Sensor): CR2 Lithium battery 3V, 800mA
- AES128 Security: Yes
- Z-Wave Plus Certified: Yes
- Max Alarm Power: 2W
- Standby Power: 0.7W