The GE Interlogix Simon XT® is a cost-effective security system that offers up to 40 zones of burglary and fire protection, and which complies with SIA False Alarm Standards. With a built-in display touchpad and a status speaker that provides visual and voice messages for feedback, Simon XT is well suited for houses, apartments, and condominiums. Optional GSM reporting and Alarm.com features support off-premises control to arm and disarm the system, check system status, activate no-entry delay, or activate the latchkey feature.
This control panel comes standard with 40 wireless zones, or it can be set up with 38 wireless zones and two built-in hardwired supervised burglary zones (normally-closed loop only). The built-in radio receiver works with both crystal and SAW LearnMode™ sensors. The Simon XT supports convenient system operation from anywhere within the premises with the use of wireless Two-Way Talking Touch Screens and/or touchpads.Optional Keyfobs (two- and four-button versions) can also be used for convenient local system control. In addition to using the Simon XT as a security system, optional wireless devices can be added to provide control over other functions for added convenience. These devices include Z-Wave® wireless lighting control devices, Z-Wave wireless thermostats for home HVAC systems and Z-Wave door lock controls.
Simon XT can send messages to a central monitoring station using SIA or Contact ID (CID) formats. The panel can also report alarms to another land-line phone location or cell phone using Voice Event Notification. Built-in two-way voice capability with VOX (Voice-Activated Switching) provides additional security and emergency contact with the control monitoring station.
This security system is backed by GE Security's 2 year limited manufacturer's warranty and features a large back lit blue LCD display for easy viewing in the dark. The Simon XT all-in-one security system is compatible with GE's full range of wireless security devices. Each GE security device uses radio frequency (RF) technology to wirelessly send its alarm signals back to the Simon XT security system. You can upgrade your Simon XT security system with up to the (40) total wireless security devices. Please note, GEOARM includes (4) wireless devices in the base package, so make sure you do not add more than (36) additional wireless security devices to your system. Please note that every wireless device counts for one wireless zone.
The GE Simon XT security system can send its alarm signals over a traditional phone line or by using an approved VoIP service provider. Simply plug in the Simon XT transformer to an open wall outlet and plug in your active phone or VoIP connection to the jack on the back of the Simon XT alarm control panel. You will need long distance service turned on for the phone line alarm communications to work with GEOARM's central station. Make sure that your Simon XT installation location has an open phone jack and wall outlet nearby.
GEOARM also recommends installing the Simon XT wireless security system in a location that is not near an entry/exit door such as a utility closet or a master bedroom. If the Simon XT alarm control panel is installed at an entry/exit door, there is a risk that an intruder destroys the panel before the entry delay times out. In this instance, GEOARM's central alarm monitoring station would not receive the alarm signal since the alarm control panel and alarm communicator were destroyed. A Simon XT wireless talking keypad (60-924-3-XT) or Simon XT 60-924-3-XT wireless touchscreen talking keypad (60-924-RF-TS) installed at the entry/exit door would provide full system control and allow you to install the Simon XT alarm control panel installed in a secure remote location.
Do-it-yourself (DIY) installations are an emerging new trend in the security industry. Being one of the pioneers in this industry, we are the perfect partner for any DIYer considering an installation of an GE Simon XT wireless security system. With 30 years of professional security installation experience, GEOARM has the technical know-how to make your DIY home security installation as easy and seamless as possible. You can be confident that your DIY security system installation will be backed by a team of real security professionals.
40 Wireless Zones — Two Can Be Hardwired (normally-closed loop only)
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.7 x 7.05 x 2.1 (in), 144 x 179 x 53 (mm)
• Required Transformer: Class II, 9 VAC, 3.34 A, 60 Hz (60-899, 60-899-CN in Canada)
• Fuse: Non-replaceable transformer fuse
• Backup Batteries: 6 VDC, 1.2 Ah lead acid (60-914)
• Backup Time: 24 hours (fully charged)
• Battery Test 10 seconds under load every 4 hours
• Radio Receiver Type: SAW-controlled superheterodyne
• Radio Receiver Frequency: 319.5 MHz/ Bandwidth 350 kHz
• Radio Receiver Sensitivity: 110 dBm nominal
• Nom. Range without GSM module present: 1000-ft open-air receiving range
• Nom. Range with GSM module present: Approx. 500-ft. open-air receiving range
• Telephone/Modem Dialing: DTMF or Pulse
• Modem: Modified Bell 103 (110 or 300 bps)
• Telephone Interface: Line seizure relay
• Total Input Zones: 40 or 38 wireless and 2 hardwire (normally-closed loop only)
• Auxiliary Power: Unregulated 5.1 to 12 VDC; power-limited to 250 mA (maximum) @ 10 VDC
• Operating Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 49°C)
• Operating Relative Humidity: Up to 90% mas., (non-condensing)
• Color: White
• Weight, without battery: 1.0 lb. (454 g)
• Installation: Wall mount
• Construction, chassis: ABS
• FCC: Part 15, Part 68
• UL: 985, 1023, 1635/ULC Listing ORD-C102319-74, ULC-S545-M89
• CSFM: California State Fire Marshall